Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lars and the Real Girl

I recently watched the film "Lars and the Real Girl." I first saw clips of it in one of the first chapels of this school year. The clips piqued my interest and I finally just watched it all the way through. When it was presented in chapel it was used to show community. I think community is definately one of the more powerful themes in the film. Another aspect of the film that I really like was the underlying theme that people "grow up" when they learn to put others before themselves. Many of Lars' friends and family are struggle with putting Lars' needs before their own, but eventually all the good characters learn how to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHGHvmpp-7I&feature=related

I couldn't load this clip right so here is the link.

I really like this part because Gus, Lars' brother, associates growing up with making hard choices based on someone else's needs. I think it speaks to a biblical view of love and community.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment